- Supplementary resources to K. C. Hanson and Douglas E. Oakman, Palestine in the Time of Jesus: Social Structures and Social Conflicts: http://www.kchanson.com/PTJ/ptj.html
- University of Otago 2014
Thomas Burns Memorial Lectures on ‘The Sons of Zebedee: The Lives of Two
Galilean Fishers’ by Prof. Richard Bauckham
-detailed examination of the geographical-social context of Galilee in the time of Jesus.
1) The World of the Lake of Galilee’ – Tuesday 12 August (video) (audio)
2) ‘The Fishing Industry’ – Wednesday 13 August (video) (audio)
3) ‘Zebedee and Sons’ – Thursday 14 August (video) (audio)
4) ‘Called to Fish for People’ – Tuesday 19 August (video) (audio)
5) ‘Sons of Thunder’ – Wednesday 20 August (video) (audio)
6) ‘Jerusalem’ – Thursday 21 August (video) (audio)
- LacusCurtius: Into the Roman World -exploring the Greco-Roman background by Bill Thayer, with works including William Smith's Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities: http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/home.html
- William Smith ed., Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography (1854): online text at Perseus; pdf -vol.1 ; vol.2
- Free ebook The Burial of Jesus published by Biblical Archaeology Society, 2007 (contributors include Jerome Murphy-O’Connor and Richard J. Bauckham; but you need to sign up for free weekly newsletter): http://jesustomb.bib-arch.org/
- David deSilva's Guided Tour Videos to 3 cities mentioned in Revelation 1:11: Ephesus, Pergamum, and Laodicea
- ABZU, a guide to data relevant to the study and public presentation of the Ancient Near East via the Internet: http://www.etana.org/abzu/
- Ancient Mediterranean Cultures: http://neonostalgia.com/forum/index.php
- Biblical Herbs: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/3664/index.html; http://asiarecipe.com/bibleherbs.html
- Noah Wiener ed., Life in the Ancient World: Crafts, Society and Daily Practice (Biblical Archaeology Society, 2013) -articles describing industry in Second Temple period Jerusalem and household structure in ancient Israel; also includes a collection of brief and lively accounts from Archaeology Odyssey.
- Shekel of Israel: A Commemoration in Silver -Ancient minting by Marcia A. Ciccone: http://www-scf.usc.edu/~ciccone/index.htm
- Table of Weights and Measures: http://www.ibs.org/niv/table_measures.php
- Tabernacle in movie: https://home.comcast.net/~gctz/holy1.htm
- The Virtual Tabernacle: http://www.fluvannacc.com/vrtab.html
- 1st c. 'Jerusalem' IMAX Movie By National Geographic -with photos of modern and 1st c. Jerusalem
- 虛擬聖經世界 -3D立體模型, 猶太曆法, 祭禮, 會幕, 聖殿: http://www.3dbibleproject.com/tw/default.htm
- Religious Texts from Ugarit
- 死海古卷介紹: http://www.ibiblio.org/expo/deadsea.scrolls.exhibit/intro.html
- Orion Symposiums for the Study of Dead Sea Scrolls: http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il/symposiums/symposiums.shtml
- Enoch Seminar Online: an academic group of international specialists in Second Temple Judaism and Christian Origins, who share the results of their research in the field and meet to discuss topics of common interest.
- Free ebook from Biblical Archaeology Society: Hershel Shanks, The Dead Sea Scrolls—What They Really Say (2007); Exploring Jordan: The Other Biblical Land (2008) (need subscribing free newsletter).
- Robin Ngo ed., Masada: The Dead Sea’s Desert Fortress (Biblical Archaeology Society, 2014).
- Religions of the Ancient Mediterranean by Philip A. Harland: http://www.philipharland.com/Blog/
- Writings of Alfred Edersheim: Bible History(OT), Sketches of Jewish Social Life, The Temple - Its Ministry and Service http://www.searchgodsword.org/his/bc/edr/
- A Brief Bible History: A Survey of the Old and New Testaments by J. Gresham Machen & James Boyd (Westminster, 1922).
- Robert H. Pfeiffer, History of New Testament Times, With an Introduction to the Apocrypha Part I: Judaism from 200 BCE to 200 CE (New York: Harper & Brothers, 1949)
- The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah by Alfred Edersheim: http://philologos.org/__eb-lat/
- BBC, A History of the World in 100 Objects
-Ancient Egypt; Ancient Greece; Ancient Rome; view in different time periods
- Bible History Online Images and Resources for Biblical History: http://www.bible-history.com/
- HISTORY OF THE DAUGHTERS -A compilation of the history of 1935BC-AD44 as reported by primary ancient ecclesiastical and secular writers: http://historyofthedaughters.com/
- Free eBook -The Olympic Games: How They All Began, by Biblical Archaeology Society, 2008: http://olympics.bib-arch.org/pdf/TheOlympicGames.pdf
- Free ebook: From Babylon to Baghdad: Ancient Iraq and the Modern West. published by Biblical Archaeology Society, 2009: http://www.bib-arch.org/e-books/pdf/babylon-baghdad.pdf
- Biblical Archaeology Review: http://www.bib-arch.org/
- British Museum -Antiquities online: http://www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass/
- New Testament and Archaeological Slides from Harvard Divinity School -a collection of over 8,000 digital images for teaching and research in New Testament studies, Greek and Roman mystery religions, and early Christian history. (Images are from photographic slides taken or collected by Professor Helmut Koester and his students during more than 30 years of travel to archaeological sites and museums in Athens, Rome, Corinth, Ephesus, Sardis, Thessaloniki, Hierapolis, and Philippi, representing the most important cities and religious centers during the Hellenistic and Roman Imperial periods). To search through all the images from this collection, use the keyword search phrase "Research Team for New Testament and Archaeology" (include the double quotation marks). (source of info)
- PowerPoint Presentations & Historic Site/Museum Photo Albums -Great Commission Illustrated Books: http://www.greatcommission.com/photos.htm
- Archaeology blog: Tell el-Borg by James K. Hoffmeier of Trinity Evangelical Divinity School: http://tellelborg.org/
- Mel Wacks, Handbook of Biblical Numismatics (Coins of the Bible), published by Jewish-American Hall of Fame and the American Numismatic Society.
- Images of ancient Greek and Roman coins: http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/
- The Corinth Computer Project by the University of Pennsylvania: http://corinth.sas.upenn.edu/corinth.html
- An exhibition of ancient Jewish, Christian, pagan catacombs of Rome: Vaults of Memory
- Christian Answers® Network, Archaeology and the Bible: http://christiananswers.net/archaeology/home.html
- Free ebook: Ten Top Biblical Archaeology Discoveries published by Biblical Archaeology Society, 2011.
- Free pdf ebook: Margaret Warker ed., Ancient Israel in Egypt and the Exodus (Washington, DC: Biblical Archaeology Society, 2012) -writers include James Hoffmeier discuss the historical Israelites in Egypt and archaeological evidence for and against the historicity of the Exodus.
- Free eBook on a recently discovered inscription: Gabriel’s Revelation published by the Biblical Archaeology Society, 2013.
- 陳崇基, 聖經考古 -提供聖經考古學資料，聯繫聖經研究、聖經考古、聖地考古之間的關係
- Zaine Ridling ed., Bible Atlas, Access Foundation: http://bibletech.net/Reference/Maps/ALL.html ; http://mediaset.sdasofia.org/MEDIA%20SET/Colour%20Atlas%20of%20the%20BIBLE/bible_atlas.pdf
- World History Atlas & Timelines since 3000 BC -包括不同(聖經)時代的世界地圖(可輸入不同指定年份及播放, zoom, 並中英文顯示)
- Bible Mapper -fully interactive and accurate Bible mapping system for creating customized maps of the Holy Lands or studying a particular period and aspect of Bible history: http://biblemapper.com/; for maps already created by using this with descriptions from ISBE (1919)
- New Testament Maps and Artifacts: http://www.ntimages.net/
- Bible Geocoding -location of every identifiable place mentioned in the Bible, downloadable and compatible to Google Earth.
- Bible Atlas.org: Bible Maps for every OT and NT location (including Shepherd Historical Atlas and ISV Bible Atlas).
- Online Bible Atlas: http://www.godweb.org/atlasindex.htm
- Maps from American Bible Society: http://resources.bibles.com/index/multimedia/maps/
- King's Highways -maps: http://www.ancientroute.com/KingsHwyM.htm
- Europe Map and Images (incl. Graeco-Roman period): http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~atlas/
- Nineteenth-Century Bible Atlas: http://www.gregwolf.com/maps/maps.htm
- Images and maps -Blue Letter Bible: http://blueletterbible.org/images_maps.html
- PowerPoint Bible Maps and Figures: http://www.searchgodsword.org/se/pbm/
- Biblical Geography, Maps and Information: http://ancienthistory.about.com/library/bl/bl_maps_asia_biblical.htm
- Image Database for biblical Studies at Yale Divinity School: http://research.yale.edu:8084/divdl/eikon/index.jsp
- Photos of Bible Lands: http://www.bibleplaces.com/
- BiblePlaces Blog: http://blog.bibleplaces.com/
- Photos of the Holy Land 1831-1910: http://www.eretzyisroel.org/~dhershkowitz/index3.html
- Photos of Israel taken by Mary Coloe of the Australian Catholic University: http://picasaweb.google.com.au/macoloe/Israel
- maps, diagrams, and photos from Matthew R. Malcolm, The World of 1 Corinthians: An Annotated Visual and Literary Source-Commentary (Paternoster, 2012).
- Picture of Holy Land in the early 20th century: http://hitch.south.cx/pictures.htm
- ORBIS by Stanford University -The Stanford Geospatial Network Model of the Roman World: express communication costs in terms of both time and expense, an interactive model reconstructing the duration and financial cost of travel in antiquity.